Written by W. Lawrance
Notes on The Eye in the Door is an ideal companion for A-Level Students (Key Stage 5) studying the novel by Pat Barker, and supports the English A-Level Syllabus. Containing a useful in-depth summary and detailed analysis of the novel. Other features of this comprehensive guide include detailed notes on Character Analysis and Themes, providing a valuable resource for both examinations and coursework units. The author’s use of characters and facts in fiction are examined in detail together with suggested Comparative questions and general advice for students.
- Synopsis: An in-depth, chapter-by-chapter summary of the novel, outlining the main events which take place. Clear, concise and broken down into ‘bitesize’ chunks, these notes are especially useful for revision and refreshing a student’s knowledge and understanding of the story.
- Characters: Vital to the comprehension of this novel, our Study Guide articles focus on the characters of Billy Prior, Charles Manning and Dr Rivers, with smaller chapters on Sarah Lumb, Siegfried Sassoon and Beattie Roper, examining the author’s use of real and fictional characters within the novel.
- Themes: Of particular value, this section of the Guide explains the main themes of The Eye in the Door. Topics covered are:
• Loss of Individuality;
• The Heroics of Pacifism;
• Coping with the War.
- Comparisons: Considered by many to be the key asset of our Guides, these sections help students compare and contrast various aspects of The Eye in the Door with other literature of the First World War. Topics covered are:
• The Portrayal of Love and Sex;
• The Portrayal of Class Differences;
• The Effects of War on the Individual.
- Critical Analysis: In this section, we look at two aspects of The Eye in the Door and critically analyse the way in which they have been handled. The aspects dealt with are: The Structure and Setting of the Novel, and The Language and Narrative Style employed by Pat Barker.
- Coursework Assistance: Here, we have provided essay suggestions and tips for success.
Format: Paperback, Kindle
Amazon Kindle ASIN: B00CT647Q6
Extent: 63 pages
Published Date: 14 May 2013
- Author : web.admin
- Category : Amazon Kindle
- Date : 14th May, 2013
- Tags : Amazon Kindle analysis B00CT647Q6 kindle Notes Notes on The Eye in the Door novel Pat Barker Study Guide The Regeneration Trilogy W Lawrance